PLATFORM AEROSPACE: AS 9100 REGISTERED QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FACILITY
Platform Aerospace, Inc. is committed to earning our customers’ trust, loyalty and continued satisfaction the right way through:
- Consistently meeting or exceeding customer requirements (the right product – right price – right time)
- Continually and innovatively improving the effectiveness of our QMS (the right system)
- Creating and maintaining a hard-working, highly-skilled and enthusiastic team (the right team)
- A continual commitment to comply with the AS 9100 standards and all applicable regulatory requirements.
A commitment to establish/meet our quality objectives.
The Aerospace Quality Management System Standards, AS 9100 and AS 9110 specific to the industry provide:
- Internationally recognised frameworks for best practices
- Addressing the unique needs of manufacturers, maintenance and repair operations and distributors
- Providing multiple benefits to companies who chose to adopt the standards’ requirements.
These standards were developed to produce a harmonized platform to ensure that all operations in the supply chain are adhering to best practice. They include all the existing elements of ISO 9001 and a variety of aerospace sector-specific requirements.
The Aerospace standards seek to:
Improve customer satisfaction, quality & safety
Reduce costs & lower customer-unique requirements
Reduce the variation caused by multiple expectations
Reduce and streamline audits conducted along the aerospace supply chain.
AS 9100 has key aspects which include safety, airworthiness, product conformity and reliability in the aerospace industry. These quality requirements are crucial to aerospace OEMs, which maintain high levels of liability for their product.
AS 9110 focuses on the control of repair schemes and maintenance plans, configuration management, and the skills and qualifications necessary to perform MRO tasks within the aerospace community.
ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED
ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
AS 9100 FLOW DOWN REQUIREMENTS
This outlines Platform Aerospace’s requirement that its QMS approved vendors must meet or exceed certain standards to ensure that our customers receive the level of service required to ensure compliance with AS 9100 and to fulfill our customers' requirements of quality, safety, reliability and service.
Platform Aerospace, Inc. AS 9100 Flow Down Requirements
All Platform Aerospace External Providers shall:
Implement a Quality Management system;
Use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g., special processes);
Notify Platform Aerospace of any nonconforming processes, products, or services, and obtain approval for their disposition;
Prevent the use of counterfeit parts;
Notify Platform Aerospace of changes to processes, products or services – including changes of their external providers or location of manufacture – and obtain Platform Aerospace’s approval;
Flow down to external providers any applicable requirements including customer requirements;
Provide test specimens for design approval, for inspection or verification, investigation, or auditing;
Retain documented information (Quality Records) for a retention period for a minimum of seven years;
The right of access by Platform Aerospace, their customer, and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain;
Ensure that persons are aware of:
- Their contribution to product or service conformity;
- Their contribution to product safety;
- The importance of ethical behavior.